Friday, January 13, 2012

A Love I Never Knew

You loved me before I even knew you.
Your love runs deep, more love then I ever knew.
For my love was lost, when I turned to you.


You brought me under your wing.
Protected me, shielded me when I couldn’t see.
Oh Lord I give You all the glory.
For you lifted me up, when I fell, and you strengthened me when I was weak.


You are a God of forgiveness, of mightiness and greatness.
You transformed my soul, into what I wished to be.
Now my eyes are open and I can see how you are in every single thing.


For I have found in You a calmness, a peacefulness.
That can’t be found outside of You; now I worship You.
I won’t look back, for the past gave me Your present, a gift of eternity.
And a love I never knew.


Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:7-8  


You are fearfully and wonderfully made
(Psalm 139:14)
Melissa