Friday, August 19, 2011

I feel responsible now that I see...

One of my most beloved songs is called “Others” by Israel Houghton.
The first time I heard this song I was overcome, my spirit was touched and each lyric resonated with me, I had just come through one of the most difficult personal storms of my life and the Lord had restored me. The line my spirit couldn’t ignore: “I feel responsible now that I see.” 
It was at that moment, I knew God allowed me to go through my storm to strengthen my faith so I would be the warrior I was meant to be, a disciple for Him. You see I spent months completely blinded to God, to the spiritual storm I was walking in, after 5 months God not only delivered me but allowed me to see. Once my eyes were open it was placed on my heart that I needed to write about my journey, share my thoughts, and share Gods message.  The responsibility came into place when I realized that my testimony was far greater than just for me to hold onto; I had the responsibility to share with others.
I created this blog: Intellection: a collection of thoughts to share my experiences as a Christian.  My hope is to inspire those who don’t know God to seek Him and promise that they will find His Greatness, just like I have.  For those of you who do know God, I hope that I can inspire you using what I have learned, my personal testimony, as a means to restore faith, for what I know and what I have gone through is only meant to give God the Glory, for He holds my hand each step of the way.
Join me on my walk.
You are fearfully and wonderfully made
 (Psalm 139:14)
Melissa
Others Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/others-lyrics-israel-houghton.html