Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Story: What I Used To Be

I used to fill empty, walking around on my path of brokenness. Searching endlessly for more, but not knowing where to look. I feared not pleasing others, I feared not being liked, I feared the reality.

My trust was planted in people and possessions. My emotions changed like the wind. And I couldn’t understand or comprehend why life wasn’t perfect. My job wasn’t enough, my relationships were not enough. There was still something missing…

On the outside looking in, the façade looked picture perfect, young, thriving, chasing dreams, the future was bright, but inside I knew things were not sitting right. Something seemed wrong, something was missing and I couldn’t find it. I was hunting; searching for it, but always came up empty.
                                 
Sometimes it’s not until darkness comes completely in, surrounding you to the point it tries to bury you, do you see where the light comes from. It's at this time, it’s at this very moment that you can plant yourself in something that never changes, that never leaves you, that never turns its back on you.

When everything fell apart for me, I was able to understand to comprehend that the only truth, the only solid foundation to plant yourself in, is the relationship you have with one faithful Friend. A Father like no other, a true Counselor, your stability can and only will be found in your personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

In my darkest hour His light took a hold of me, He comforted me, surrounded me, strengthen me and loved me. I traded conflict for His compassion, I traded fear for His faithfulness, I traded anxiety for His answers.

I used to fill empty, but today everything I need, my Savior gives to me.

I hope that my story encourages you to tap into your personal relationship with the One that created you- what I found was not just for me, but it’s available to all those who choose to believe!


"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Matthew 11:28-29(MSG)

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19(NKJV)


You are fearfully and wonderfully made
(Psalm 139:14)
Melissa