Tuesday, December 13, 2011

While you are going through it, remember God has a plan for it!



 When adversities come against us, we want to question why it is happening to us?  How could this trial bring good?  Why must I endure?

We ask these questions because we do not know what God has planned.  Our capacity limits us to know, even though our mind strains to understand. Our faith demands that we lay down all our cares to the Lord so that He, in His mighty power and authority, will guide and take care of us.

The Lord has far greater understanding and far greater knowledge than we do, He created the world. He alone knows the plan He has for it and for each one of us individually. In our weakness we will glorify His strength and ability. When we go through trials and praise Him, we glorify His name. When tribulations hit us, He can stretch us, and mold us, and give us a powerful testimony.


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (NIV)


No matter what you face: guilt, a broken marriage, anxiety, health problems, financial problems, loneliness- don’t let the devil make you doubt that God isn’t right there with you. If you turn to Him, He will never leave you. You may not know why you have to go through it, but trust that God has a plan for it.


Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9 (NIV)


You are fearfully and wonderfully made
(Psalm 139:14)
Melissa